Hello Band Families!
We want to let you know about a new program that will be starting soon - Munching For Music! This is a give-back arrangement with local restaurants. On a specified day, at a certain restaurant, a percentage of sales will be donated back to the band. All you have to do to make this program a success is to dine at the restaurant we're working with for that day, and present either a paper flyer or show the flyer on your smart phone so that your purchase will be tied to the band. It's that simple! Please spread the word to your family and friends so that they will know of this easy way to help our kids. Our goal is to have these days several times during the year working with a variety of restaurants to help raise funds for the band. Please consider dining at these establishments on the upcoming days to support the band, and also on other days to let these businesses know how much we appreciate them giving back to us!
The first Munching For Music day will be Wednesday, June 3rd at Sweet CeCe's in Broadview Heights. Please see the attached flyer for details. Sweet CeCe's offers yummy frozen yogurts, sandwiches, salads, smoothies and other treats! What a great way to celebrate the end of the school year!
Thank you for supporting the North Royalton Bands!
Sweet CeCes flyer
Hello Band Front Families,
It is time to register for the 2015-2016 band season. Registration will be taking place on-line over the next few weeks. The deadline is June 29. All fees and information are needed at this time. All payments are made through PayPal only.
To complete the process, you must submit 2 forms (Band Front Registration Form and Volunteer Form). Once you have completed your registration you will receive three emails: One from PayPal with your payment information; and two from Band Boosters (one with your Band Front information and one with your Volunteer information). We recommend saving these emails as they are your receipt for your registration and you may wish to refer to them later.
Band Front Registration Form:
On this form you will be filling out parent and student information and paying the band front, course and activities fees. Be sure to select the correct option for your student’s NRHS Band Front Fees.
- Choose Option 1 if you have already registered and paid your band course and activities fees using the Band Registration Form. You only need to pay the Band Front Fee. This usually happens when a student participates in band for the full year (i.e. he/she plays an instrument during the year when it is not marching band season).
- Choose Option 2 if you need to pay all the necessary fees (band course and activity fees and the band front fee). This usually happens when a student only participates in band front (i.e. does not play an instrument during the year).
- After filling out the form click Submit and you will be taken to PayPal to pay your fees and complete this portion of the registration process.
We ask each family to support their student and the band by signing up for at least two activities. One of the reasons we have a great band is the high level of parent and family support and involvement. The majority of the funds needed to support the band (uniforms, instruments, etc.) come from these fundraisers. Note that we will close individual activities once we have enough volunteers, so sooner is better than later if you prefer specific activities.
When you finish the Volunteer Form you will be taken Band Registration Form. Do NOT fill out the Band Registration Form. You are done registering, just close the browser window.
If you have any questions or problems, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Hi Band Families,
Turn in is from 6:30pm to 8:00pm this Tuesday and Thursday (May 19 and 21) in the new uniform room (room 310).
Boys - If you are in Wind Ensemble or Symphonic Band and you haven’t taken your tux to On The Spot Dry Cleaners now is a great time to do it! You want it to be ready in time for turn in. Boys in Concert Band and Freshman band do not need to dryclean their tuxes.
Girls – If you haven’t washed your dress (cold water and line dry), now is a great time to do it! It needs to be dry for turn in.
Seniors – Remember, you must return your uniform on Tuesday, May 19, in order for Mr. Vitale to sign your exit card. If you cannot return your tux or dress yourself, get a trusted friend or relative to turn it in for you.
See you Tuesday or Thursday!
P.S. We will also be selling our old tuxes during uniform turn in (jackets $20 and pants $10). Cash only. If you know a family member or a friend in need of a tux, pass along the dates and times so they can purchase theirs as well!
Just a few reminders - because lots of things are happening as the school year draws to a close!
- Royalette clinics begin this week
- Royalaire clinics begin Thursday
- Jazz Band I performs at Senior Honors and Awards Night on Thursday
- CYWS Auditions are Friday - right here at NRHS
- Watch your email for information about Band Tuxedo and Concert Dress turn in - reminder: Seniors WILL NOT have their exit card signed until ALL uniforms have been properly turned in
- Band Calendars and Band Camp Calendars have been distributed and also PDF’s have been posted online - please share with all family members - as all performances are required and attendance is mandatory at all events - so please copy and share with all family members and post on the refrigerator!
- Royalton Music came into rehearsal today to fit and size students for band clothing - all band clothing orders should be made through Royalton Music - all payments for orders must be submitted by Friday - May 22 - Any order past this date will have a $10 shipping charge added
- Reminder that the Memorial Day Parade is mandatory for all Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors, but it is not required that seniors perform in this parade.
- Even Juniors that are attending Prom MUST STILL perform at the Memorial Day Parade. The parade is Monday, May 25 - the route starts at The Boneyard, and ends at the Broadview Community Center
- Students interested in auditioning for the OMEA All-State Band should have their application turned in by the end of the month
Dear Band Families,
It is the end of the year and time for concert uniforms to be turned in!
Turn-in will be in the new uniform room, room 310 on:
- Tuesday, May 19, 6:30-8:00pm
- Thursday, May 21, 6:30-8:00pm
SENIORS – YOU MUST RETURN YOUR UNIFORM ON TUESDAY, MAY 19. Concert tuxes and dresses are school property. Mr. Vitale cannot sign your exit card unless you turn in your tux or dress Tuesday, May 19. If you cannot return your tux or dress yourself, get a trusted friend or relative to turn it in for you.
BOYS - IF YOU ARE IN WIND ENSEMBLE OR SYMPHONIC BAND YOU MUST TAKE YOUR TUX TO ON THE SPOT DRY CLEANERS TO BE DRY CLEANED. If you are in Concert or Freshman Band you do not need to dry clean your tux. All boys - please be sure to return your tie, cummerbund and suit bag as well as your tux!
GIRLS - Please wash your dress in cold water and line dry. Do not iron! Please return on a hanger.
Used Tux Sale:
We will also be selling our old tuxes during uniform turn in. Our gentlemen are in need of new cummerbunds and bow ties for next concert season. This sale will help offset the cost. If you know a family member or a friend in need of a tux, pass along the dates and times so they can purchase theirs as well! The prices are reasonable!
- Jackets - $20
- Pants - $10
We will accept cash only.
Please contact Stacy at 440-263-1855 or Tracey at 216-533-9710 with any questions.
Stacy and Tracey
Dear Band Families,
The Stadium Foundation is holding their annual golf outing on Saturday June 27, at Briarwood Golf Course. It is a four-man scramble with a shotgun start. The cost is $100 per golfer ($400 per team) and includes 18-holes of golf, riding cart, lunch, dinner, beverages and chance to win various prizes! Dinner only tickets are also available for $25. Registration forms should be turned in by June 13.
This outing raises funds for upkeep and future renovation of the stadium. As you know, the new stadium is a tremendous asset for the band and if the Foundation is successful it can only benefit the band. Please consider supporting the Stadium Foundation by joining the outing, sponsoring a hole and/or donating a prize.
We still need volunteers for States on May 1 and May 2. We need 29 on Friday afternoon/night and 13 on Saturday morning to fill 2-3 hour shifts. Most students are required to work a shift for the band directors. Consider joining them and helping out at our final fundraiser of the school year. If we do not get enough volunteers, we will need to work longer/extra shifts.
If you can help, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 24, so that we can complete the schedule and get that information out to everyone. Please be sure to indicate what band your student is in so that we do not schedule you during their performance.
I would like to thank all the volunteers that have already come forward to help. Your confirmed assignment will be sent to you this coming weekend. Thanks for your patience and understanding in this scheduling process!
Please remember, that if we all do a little, no one will have to do a lot!
Thanks in advance for your continued support!
We are on the homestretch to the end of the school year and the Band Awards Banquet is fast approaching. Attached is the invitation and RSVP card. (The RSVP is the second page of the document.) RSVP’s are due back on Friday, May 1, 2014.
A check is needed to pay for everyone attending who is not a Senior. The cost is $11 per person. Seniors band members are free. Please put the RSVP and payment in an envelope and mark it, “Awards Banquet Night” and have your student drop it off in the white band box.
Even if you do not attend the dinner, everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend the Band Awards program which starts at 7:00pm. It is a great way to spend an enjoyable evening with family and friends.
Hope to see everyone there!
2015 Band Awards Banquet Invite and RSVP