THIS THURSDAY 5/14 from 10am to 12 noon is the last day to return all concert uniforms and any extra borrowed items, bow ties, cummerbunds etc.
THERE IS NOT A MAKE UP DATE
If you missed your assigned day please plan on turning in your concert uniform this Thursday 5/14 10 am to 12 pm.
Please make sure the students name is somewhere on the bag or dress hanger.
Uniform return procedure:
- Students will enter the back lot through Drive #4, and drive around to the back HS door by the Green Band Room (Custodial Doors)
- Student will hang up their Tuxedo or Concert Dress on the rack set up outside at the drop-off location
- Student will leave their school owned instrument on the curb
- Students are not to enter the building, and if there is a car already at the drop-off location for uniform/instrument turn in, the next car should wait so only one student is putting materials on the curb at a time
- If a student wishes to sign out a color guard silk for auditions, students should take one from the bin on the curb, and sign the clipboard next to the bin to sign it out.
- Band Staff will move the instrument/uniform from the rack/curb after the car has departed
- There will be no interaction with other students or staff members in the Turn-in process
- If their school-owned instrument is still in the band locker, they should remove it when they clear out their band lockers on May 18-21.
- Students will not be allowed into the building.
- If a student cannot get a ride to drop off their instrument/uniform, it can be dropped off by a classmate if social distancing guidelines are followed. So you do NOT need to drop off your instrument/uniform in person – someone can drop it off for you
All school owned instruments, and uniforms, and color guard silks should all be returned by the end of the day on 5/14. A list of missing items will be turned in the administration by 5/15 so that the administration will know what seniors are not “cleared” for graduation, and what underclassmen will own fines/fees for unreturned school-owned equipment. If any non-senior wants to hold on to their school-owned instrument to continue private lessons, audition for OMEA All-State or CYWS, please Email Mr. Vitale directly, and those individuals can hold on to their school-owned instruments.
Hello Band Families!
Don't forget the 2019/2020 Spirit Wear On-Line Store is Open! This store will be open thru Sunday, August 25th.
*Please note these two reminders:
1. All items will be available for pick up in late August or early September. We will notify you via email.
2. Items for sale are NOT mandatory they are for you to purchase and enjoy at your leisure. These items are to promote our upcoming Band Season & School Spirit! A portion of all monies raised from our Spirit Wear sales goes directly back to our NRHS Band program.
Please click on the link below to view and shop at our store.
NRHS BAND SPIRIT WEAR STORE
Thank you for Supporting our Band!
Jeff & Kristen Coffman
NRHS Spirit Wear Committee
Questions please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Band Families!
A few final reminders for this Band Season...
1. There will be a Band Booster Meeting June 4th in Gym 3 at 6:30 pm. This meeting is for all Incoming Freshman Parents as well as regular parents who would like to join us in welcoming our new band parents. At this meeting, we will hold a brief general membership meeting so that we may approve the By-laws. Again This meeting will be in Gym 3 at 6:30 pm.
2. White Band T-Shirts and Purple Band Polos will be for sale at this June 4th meeting. White Band T-Shirts are $10 and Purple Band Polos are $20.
3. Don't forget to purchase your Black Band Shoes from North Royalton Music.
4. Registration is still open for Band and Band Front.
5. Join us for one last fundraiser this year at an Akron Rubber Ducks Baseball Game! Thursday, June 13th at 7 pm Tickets are $10 per person all are welcome. Click the link HERE to purchase your tickets and help support our Band program.
6. Don't forget 2019/2020 is a Disney Trip Year! This is not a mandatory trip. However, if you would like to go, don't forget to register your student for the trip. Please find the information and instructions on Mr. Vitales website under Forms & PDF's.
Have a wonderful & safe summer!
Hello Band Families!
The return dates are concluded for the Concert Uniforms. As of now, 57 uniforms have not yet been returned. In order to collect all of these and get things organized for next year, we have added one more day.
The last return date will be Wednesday, May 22, 2019, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. PLEASE get these Concert Uniforms turned in.
NRHS Band Boosters
P.S. Don't forget you can see our NRHS Jazz Band perform at the Spring Art Show tomorrow evening, Thursday, May 16th at 6:30 pm. As well as check out all the fantastic artwork our NR students worked so very hard on.
Congratulations to the NRHS Wind Ensemble, Symphonic & Freshman Bands for Earning a Superior Rating & Concert Band for earning an Excellent rating at The OMEA State Adjudicated Event this past weekend! We enjoyed all of your performances.
It is time for concert uniforms to be returned
Returns will be at NRHS, Room 310 on:
Monday, May 13th, 6:30-8:00pm
Tuesday, May 14th, 6:30-8:00pm
TUXES - ONLY the jacket and pants are to be dry cleaned. NO Tux Shirts. Take the jacket and pants to ‘On the Spot’ Dry Cleaners (corner of Rt. 82 and Broadview Road behind Shell Station OR corner of Pleasant Valley and State Road). Just drop it off and pick it up. The Band Boosters take care of the cost. Return the cleaned tux with the bow tie, cummerbund and suit bag at one of the return dates.
DRESSES - wash the dress in cold water and line dry. Do NOT iron or put in dryer! Return the dress with the black velvet hanger at one of the return dates.
Joel Young at 440-292-6170 or email@example.com
Mary Wohleber at 216-409-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions.
29. April 2019
Hello Band Families!
The Band Awards Banquet is just about a week away, on May 8th.
We hope you will be able to join us. If you have not done so yet we need you to please send in your RSVP to the white band box this week, no later than May 1st, so that we can get a final head count for the dinner. Also, we are still in need of a few more volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up to make this night a success. Please click HERE to sign up.
Please see the attached invitation below for you and your family.
Invitation Band Awards Banquet/Dinner 2019
NRHS Band Booster Hospitality Committee
**P.S. Due to the construction at the High School, doors at the North Entrance (by the baseball diamond) and the doors by the faculty parking lot will be open the night of our event.
Hello Band Families!
Just a quick reminder that there will be a Band Booster Meeting this Thursday, April 18th at 7pm in the NRHS Media Center.
See you there!
If you have not already registered for the 2019-2020 Band Season, please do so today!
Here are the directions:
**All fees and information are needed at this time. Have your credit or debit card ready when you register. All payments are made through Key Bank Merchant Services. We are not using Pay Pal this year. Please have your student’s measurements (for freshman or were unhappy with their uniform fit last year) handy when you begin registration. If you know of any parents of 8th graders who will be in band next year, please forward this e-mail to them.
New this year, the Family Volunteer Commitment is part of the registration form. We ask each family to support their student and the band by signing up for at least four activities. It is a good idea to have your calendar available. The Signup Geniuses for each activity will open on a different webpage, so remember to return to the registration page to complete the registration. If you have more than one band student, you are not expected to volunteer for additional activities. Simply check the box in the FAMILY VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT section that you have already signed up for four volunteer activities.
Use this link to register:
2019/2020 NRHS Band Registration Form