Dear Band Families:
As you are doing your “Back-To-School” Shopping, talk to your student and verify they have EVERYTHING they need for this marching band season!
- Combination lock
- Instrument Lyre (at Royalton Music Center)
- Flip-folder pages (at Royalton Music Center)
- Band T-Shirt (purchased through band website)
- Band Polo (purchased through band website)
- Marching Band Shoes (any resizes or late orders - go directly to Royalton Music)
- Black Calf-Length Socks - NOT ANKLE SOCKS - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Black Gloves (purchased at Royalton Music Center) - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Khaki Pants - (not cargo pants - not corduroy pants)
- Black Belt
- UnderArmor (black) / Long Johns - (for the colder weather) - reminder pajama pants / flannel pants / fleece pants are NOT permitted under the uniform, and they are too bulky, so investing in a pair of long johns or UnderArmor (black) for the colder weather would be wise.
Welcome back to another great season with the North Royalton High School Marching Band! What a great organization to be a part of! I look forward to volunteering my time to support it. It's hard to believe band camp starts this week! Please check the website (www.northroyaltonbandboosters.com) often to stay in touch with the daily events during this busy time of year. As you will see below, there are many volunteer opportunities to help out! The success of this great organization is not only because we have some of the best directors around, or the best school district, or even the best kids. It really is because we have the best parents! Our involvement is what makes the wheels on the band bus go around! Think about it, without you, these kids wouldn't be here. Get ready for the busiest and potentially most rewarding time of the year.
The Audition Calendar for all Royalette, Royalaire and Percussion applicants are now posted on the Forms & PDF's page of Mr. Vitale’s website. We will update the dates below as soon as we get this info.
- Royalettes 1st Audition Clinic is 5/12
- Royalaire 1st Audition Clinic is 5/19
- Percussion meeting is 5/27
Mr. Vitale has also posted the calendar for the 2014-2015 season.
Also, the 2014 Band camp occurs June 16-18 & 24. See the calendar on Mr. Vitale’s website for details regarding specific times.
The August Band camp start date is July 31.
Mark Your Calendars for These Important Dates in August 2014
- Thursday, July 31: First practice with All Band members
- Wednesday, August 13: Picture Day
- Sunday, August 17: Parent Preview Night
- Wednesday, August 20: First Day of School
- Sunday, August 24: Home Days Parade
- Friday, August 29: First Football Game (Away: Berea-Midpark)
Mr. Vitale has posted the upcoming year Field Commanders and Band Officers. Congratulations to the following students:
- Field Commanders:
- Liz Kozempa
- Klaire Roggeman
- Hannah Berish
- Celia Kelly
- Laura Lakatos
- Sophomore Rep.:
- Michael Atkinson
Never worry about finding a seat at NR football games - its yours for the year!
BENEFITS INCLUDE :
- Molded seat with back and arm rests
- Defined personal space
- Same seat every game
- Seating between the 40 yard lines
- Admission included for all home games ($ 30 value)
- Best view in the house!
- Option to renew next season
Download your ticket order form here
We have begun to plan for next season and we need a number of parents to step up and fill the open slots vacated by those parents that have graduating seniors. The Band Boosters are the lifeblood of the North Royalton band program and provide the majority of the support and funding required for instruments, uniforms, transportation, etc. Without the boosters, there would be no Marching Band or Concert Band program. Help us to keep the North Royalton band program one of the top programs in the state of Ohio.
We are looking for volunteers to fill the slots listed below. Ideally, candidates will be available for 2 years and have some previous experience with the band boosters. However, past experience is not required. If you are unsure of the duties, the out-going chairs are more than happy to work with you to ensure a smooth and orderly transition. Contacts are listed along with the descriptions below. For general questions, or to volunteer, please contact the Booster president, Rich Hrin at (440) 668-7428 (email@example.com) if you can help out.
Thanks for helping us to make 2014-2015 the best year ever!
The Band registrations for next year were due by March 24 (except for Band Front) and while most have successfully submitted their online Registrations, we still have a number of missing registrations, measurement, and volunteer forms that are now late. Please submit the forms as soon as you can. We require the following 3 forms to be filled out and submitted for every band student:
- Band Registration (use credit card or paypal)
- Measurement Forms (for uniforms)
- Volunteer Form
Note: If your student will be a Royalaire or Royalette and does NOT play an instrument during concert season, use the Band Front Registration form, which is now available.