Market Day orders are due by this Saturday, September 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm at www.marketday.com.
Pick up is Thursday, September 11, 2014 from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm. Please note the time change for pick up!
Spend at least $50 this month and you will receive a free set of melamine mixing bowls.
Also, if you have never ordered from Market Day before, and you place an on-line order of $50 or more, you can save $5 by entering the promo code FALLFIVE during check out.
Any questions, please contact Sue Galuska at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-582-4120.
Dear Band Families:
We need your help! We still have 30 spots to fill at the Cleveland Airshow (August 30-September 1). Most of the open spots are on Monday, 9/1, but we have a few on Saturday and Sunday as well. If we cannot fill these spots we will lose some of the fundraising money for this year and we could possibly lose this fundraiser for next year. Please make time in your schedule to fill these spots. Volunteers must be at least 15 years old or be an incoming freshman. Volunteers may be other family members or friends! If you can help, please contact Kathy Pishnery at 440-503-5457 or email@example.com.
For families that have already volunteered:
Thank you for your help!! Air show information and parking passes were sent home this week with your band student if you were unable to pick them up on Preview night or at the first Booster meeting - so be sure to look for them.
20. August 2014
Band News, Reminders
Our first football game is coming up, and we wanted to remind you of a few things.
- If your uniform pants need to be hemmed or let down, the alterations must be done before the first football game on August 29th.
- Raincoats need to be Scotchgarded. The seams are not waterproof.
- Please see the Uniform Care information document for more useful information. It is located on the booster website, www.northroyaltonbandboosters.com, under Band and then Band Documents.
It's hard to believe we get to see the 2014 North Royalton High School Marching Band perform on Sunday at 7 pm! Everyone has been working hard to make this another great season! Please be sure you are checking the northroyaltonbandbooster.com website regularly for the most current information. The Directors Page should be a tab that is always open on your computer, tablet or phone during marching band season.More...
12. August 2014
Band News, Reminders
Dear Band Families
Here are some Picture Day reminders. Please be aware that reminders will not usually be sent and that you should frequently check Mr. Vitale’s website (www.northroyaltonhighschoolband.com) for information on events. Check the Performances page of his website for the itineraries/maps/details for performances. The Director’s Notes page of the website also has valuable information.
Picture Day Reminders
7:00 AM Report
7:15 AM at Stadium
Students need to be in full uniform:
- Black marching Band Shoes
- Black calflength black Socks
- The nonNR black marching pants
- White band TShirt under the Jacket
- Band uniform Jacket
- Black Gloves
- Hair according to uniform code (see band handbook for details)
- Earrings according to uniform code (see band handbook for details)
- Hats are not needed for picture day
- Students are dismissed once they have completed ALL the pictures, which takes a while
- Picture order forms should be given directly to the photographer do NOT give picture order forms to Mr. Vitale or the Band Mailbox
- Parents can place photo button orders through the Band Boosters not through Woodard/Lifetouch
***AS THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS, PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO VISIT THE BAND WEBPAGE (www.northroyaltonhighschoolband.com) FOR UPDATES ABOUT PERFORMANCES, ITINERARIES, MAPS, DETAILS, ETC. AS THEIR SOURCE FOR UPTODATE INFORMATION***
The Band has two performances coming up soon. Please remember to check Mr. Vitale’s website under Director’s Notes and Performances for the most current information.
Parent Preview Night
When: Sun., August 17
Report at 5:45, 6-7 rehearsal/warm up, 7-8 performance at the stadium.
Wear the summer uniform (purple band polo, khaki pants, black belt, black socks and black marching shoes). Please be sure that you have all the parts and that they fit properly at least a week before this event.
North Royalton Home Days Parade
When: Sunday, August 24
Step off for the parade is 3:00. Please check Mr. Vitale’s website for report times, etc.
Wear the summer uniform (purple band polo, khaki pants, black belt, black socks and black marching shoes).
These are the Thursdays of the pickup. Pickup between 6:00pm - 7:30pm in Cafeteria #2 - (near band room).
Orders are due by 11pm CST on the Saturdays preceding the pickup date (ex: Saturday, Sept 6 will be the deadline for the first Market Day orders).
Dear Band Families:
As you are doing your “Back-To-School” Shopping, talk to your student and verify they have EVERYTHING they need for this marching band season!
- Combination lock
- Instrument Lyre (at Royalton Music Center)
- Flip-folder pages (at Royalton Music Center)
- Band T-Shirt (purchased through band website)
- Band Polo (purchased through band website)
- Marching Band Shoes (any resizes or late orders - go directly to Royalton Music)
- Black Calf-Length Socks - NOT ANKLE SOCKS - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Black Gloves (purchased at Royalton Music Center) - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Khaki Pants - (not cargo pants - not corduroy pants)
- Black Belt
- UnderArmor (black) / Long Johns - (for the colder weather) - reminder pajama pants / flannel pants / fleece pants are NOT permitted under the uniform, and they are too bulky, so investing in a pair of long johns or UnderArmor (black) for the colder weather would be wise.