10. December 2016
Hello fellow band parents!
Our next Easter Seals fundraising event will take place during our holiday concerts. Please share our event on all of your social media platforms (email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) that you use! So many people love this opportunity! The only thing that holds us back from filling the truck this holiday season is not getting the word out! We will have the info on our band website and Facebook. Please help us out by spreading the word! Just copy and paste.
Please join us for our “Fill the Truck” event on Sunday, December 18th and Monday, December 19th!
North Royalton Band Boosters will partner with Easter Seals Northern Ohio to not only raise money for the North Royalton Band program, but also to help local children and adults with disabilities.
- WHO: We need YOU! Tell your friends, family, neighbors, churches, or anyone else looking to clear clutter and do something GOOD for our community during this holiday season!
- WHAT: An Easter Seals truck will be parked at North Royalton High School, just outside of the Performing Arts Center 14713 Ridge Road to accept donations of clothing, blankets, towels, shoes, purses, stuffed animals, cloth lunchboxes and backpacks, etc. Even stained items can be recycled! The more items we donate, the more money we will raise! (*All donations are tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt when you drop off your items). Our goal is to Fill The Truck to capacity to support our North Royalton Band program. We challenge you to fill a bag with cloth items and donate it to our fundraiser this holiday season.
- WHEN: Sunday, December 18th from 12:00 pm until 2:00 pm and again from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. *between 2 pm and 4 pm donations can be left next to the truck as we will be enjoying the holiday performance of North Royalton’s finest musicians in the Performing Arts Center at this time. Monday, December 19th from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
Start “stashing your stuff” and do something GOOD for children and adults with disabilities while helping the North Royalton High School Band! You can use ANY bag for donations! No hard goods will be accepted at this event.
Also, come visit us at the Easter Seals truck and lend a hand! It's easy and fun work while connecting with our neighbors! Here's the sign up genius link.
30. November 2016
Hello Band Families,
Just a reminder to order your Holiday Concert Tickets today! Seats are filling up fast, so please turn in your completed order forms to the White Band Box ASAP. Tickets will be sent home with your Bando when your order is completed. Remember, even if you are entitled to free tickets with your Booster membership, you must still fill out an order form so that we will know which concert you are attending and how many seats you will need. Any questions, please call Janet Frantz at (440) 877-1627.
Download 2016 Holiday Concert Ticket Order Form
4. October 2016
We were all saddened to hear of the loss of one of our Band Family, Alec Miciunas. Friends of the Miciunas family are holding a basket raffle to help with the cost of medical bills. Attached is a form with all the details. Thank you all for your support of Alec's family in their time of sorrow.
Hi Junior Band Families,
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
On Friday, October 7, 2016, we will be honoring the senior band members. Dinner for them and their immediate family will be served at 5:15PM, right after practice and before the game. We are hoping the rest of the band will enjoy pizza, bakery and beverages, but CURRENTLY LESS THAN HALF THE JUNIOR BAND FAMILIES HAVE SIGNED UP TO DONATE and there will not be enough bakery for the Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen.
We are asking all Junior Band Families to bring store bought desserts with NO peanuts to this event. Please send your dessert with your band student and have them drop it off in Cafeteria II before they go to practice. Please put your last name on the dessert. NO dessert should be dropped off in the band room. Someone will be in Cafeteria II to take it.
Please sign up for a dessert here. Any store bought bakery or cookies (with NO peanuts) would be greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (440) 746-9048.
Hi Band Families,
The Committee for North Royalton Schools Future needs your help! They are looking for at least 150 volunteers to go Door-to-door anytime from Oct. 5th-11th to talk with community members about the bond. They are targeting homes with registered voters who are supportive of the bond. You can go anytime during the week, whatever works for your schedule. The minimum time commitment is 2 hours. They would like to have sign ups completed by Sept. 26th. Please consider volunteering your time on this very important issue.
NR Bond Issue Door-to-Door Volunteers Needed!
23. September 2016
You are cordially invited to attend:
The North Royalton High School Marching Band’s Senior Band Night
Honoring all Senior band students and their parents
Reception will be Friday, October 7, 2016
5:00 - 6:15PM
Dinner will be served at 5:15 PM in Cafeteria II (by the band room)
Marge Walter Caterers is catering:
Baked Chicken Breast with Gravy
Penne Rigatoni with Marinara Sauce (Vegetarian option)
- Green Beans
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Tossed Salad
- Freshly Baked Italian Bread
- Bakery and Beverages will be served
At the reception, all Seniors will receive Corsages or Boutonnieres and their Mother will receive a Rose.
RSVP Card is due by September 30, 2016. Download RSVP Card
- 6:40PM — Pre-Game Show / Homecoming Activities
- 7:00PM — Home Football Game
Two complimentary admissions to the football game will be granted per family. This will be based on the information provided on the RSVP Card. Please check in at the SOUTH END gate where the North Royalton High School Marching and enters and exits the field.
After PRE-GAME show, parents can meet with their Senior band member behind the band bleachers at the south end of the football field. Pictures will be taken and line up will begin.
During HALF-TIME of the football game, Seniors and their parents will be announced and recognized on the football field.
12. September 2016
Events, Volunteer Needs
Hello Band Parents and Supporters!
Our 2016 Band Festival is this coming Saturday, September 17. We currently have very few people signed up to help. If you would like to help us out, please click here on this link . It will take you to the sign up genius where you can choose which volunteer opportunity you would like to do!
The jobs we need help with are as follows:
- Program Sales (4) Sales will pause during NRHS Band's performance
- Ushers (6) Volunteers will be assisting audience in the home stands
- Ticket Sales and Collections (10) Volunteers will be needed at the start of the evening. Once the number of people entering slows down, volunteers can trade shifts to man entrances. Sales will end before NRHS Band's performance.
- Concessions (8) Sales will pause during NRHS Band's performance
It really is an easy and fun evening and you will still get to see your student perform! Please sign up or let me know what you would like to do. If you have already signed up, thank you! Please feel free to ask a friend to sign up with you. Just forward them this email and they can click on the link or email me. Thanks for your help in making the Band Fest a great experience for our kids and our visitors from around Northeast Ohio!
Hello Band Families,
As our Easter Seals event draws closer, we are working harder than ever to spread the word about this event. If you happen to visit, or know someone that is involved with a garage sale, rummage sale, street sale, moving sale, flea market or yard sale, kindly let the seller know that after their sale, they can donate their unsold SOFT GOOD items to our Easter Seals event (NR Home Days) on Sat/Sun August 20-21 next to the board office. We also have a location to drop off items ahead of time if this time is inconvenient!
Finally, follow this link to volunteer your time! It is an easy and extremely helpful way to show your support!
Contact: Holly Michalke 216-926-8836