It's hard to believe we get to see the 2014 North Royalton High School Marching Band perform on Sunday at 7 pm! Everyone has been working hard to make this another great season! Please be sure you are checking the northroyaltonbandbooster.com website regularly for the most current information. The Directors Page should be a tab that is always open on your computer, tablet or phone during marching band season.More...
12. August 2014
Band News, Reminders
Dear Band Families
Here are some Picture Day reminders. Please be aware that reminders will not usually be sent and that you should frequently check Mr. Vitale’s website (www.northroyaltonhighschoolband.com) for information on events. Check the Performances page of his website for the itineraries/maps/details for performances. The Director’s Notes page of the website also has valuable information.
Picture Day Reminders
7:00 AM Report
7:15 AM at Stadium
Students need to be in full uniform:
- Black marching Band Shoes
- Black calflength black Socks
- The nonNR black marching pants
- White band TShirt under the Jacket
- Band uniform Jacket
- Black Gloves
- Hair according to uniform code (see band handbook for details)
- Earrings according to uniform code (see band handbook for details)
- Hats are not needed for picture day
- Students are dismissed once they have completed ALL the pictures, which takes a while
- Picture order forms should be given directly to the photographer do NOT give picture order forms to Mr. Vitale or the Band Mailbox
- Parents can place photo button orders through the Band Boosters not through Woodard/Lifetouch
***AS THE SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS, PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO VISIT THE BAND WEBPAGE (www.northroyaltonhighschoolband.com) FOR UPDATES ABOUT PERFORMANCES, ITINERARIES, MAPS, DETAILS, ETC. AS THEIR SOURCE FOR UPTODATE INFORMATION***
The Band has two performances coming up soon. Please remember to check Mr. Vitale’s website under Director’s Notes and Performances for the most current information.
Parent Preview Night
When: Sun., August 17
Report at 5:45, 6-7 rehearsal/warm up, 7-8 performance at the stadium.
Wear the summer uniform (purple band polo, khaki pants, black belt, black socks and black marching shoes). Please be sure that you have all the parts and that they fit properly at least a week before this event.
North Royalton Home Days Parade
When: Sunday, August 24
Step off for the parade is 3:00. Please check Mr. Vitale’s website for report times, etc.
Wear the summer uniform (purple band polo, khaki pants, black belt, black socks and black marching shoes).
Dear Band Families,
Our first Band Booster meeting is next week. After our regular meeting there will be a meeting for new Band Booster Parents (all are welcome). Here is the information.
First Band Booster Meeting:
Monday, August 18, at 7pm in the High School Performing Arts Center
All parents are welcome! We encourage all parents to attend the monthly booster meetings. Please try to make plans to attend at least several monthly meetings each year. We realize it is difficult to commit but valuable information is discussed at these meetings. Normally the meetings are on Monday evenings, once a month at 7:00 pm.
Freshman Parents/New Parents Meeting:
Right after the Band Booster meeting in the High School Performing Arts Center
We are asking the parents of freshman and new members to please stay after the Booster meeting for a very special meeting to introduce you to the Booster organization and the Band program in general. Of course, all members are welcome to stay and participate! Sportswear and membership will be there along with many of the volunteer committee chairs to explain what we do. There will be a question and answer opportunity as well. We look forward to seeing you!
11. August 2014
Booster News, Events
We need more help at the Cleveland Airshow! We must fill 50 more spots on Sunday, August 31st, and 66 more spots on Monday, September 1st.& This is one of our largest fundraisers and we need to fill these spots to make the $10,000 this year and to keep the fundraiser for next year. Please make time in your schedule to fill these spots. Volunteers must be at least 15 years old or be an incoming freshman. Volunteers may be other family members or friends! Below is more information regarding this event. If you can help, please contact Kathy Pishnery at 440-503-5457 or email@example.com.
These are the Thursdays of the pickup. Pickup between 6:00pm - 7:30pm in Cafeteria #2 - (near band room).
Orders are due by 11pm CST on the Saturdays preceding the pickup date (ex: Saturday, Sept 6 will be the deadline for the first Market Day orders).
Dear Band Families:
As you are doing your “Back-To-School” Shopping, talk to your student and verify they have EVERYTHING they need for this marching band season!
- Combination lock
- Instrument Lyre (at Royalton Music Center)
- Flip-folder pages (at Royalton Music Center)
- Band T-Shirt (purchased through band website)
- Band Polo (purchased through band website)
- Marching Band Shoes (any resizes or late orders - go directly to Royalton Music)
- Black Calf-Length Socks - NOT ANKLE SOCKS - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Black Gloves (purchased at Royalton Music Center) - at least one, perhaps 2 pairs
- Khaki Pants - (not cargo pants - not corduroy pants)
- Black Belt
- UnderArmor (black) / Long Johns - (for the colder weather) - reminder pajama pants / flannel pants / fleece pants are NOT permitted under the uniform, and they are too bulky, so investing in a pair of long johns or UnderArmor (black) for the colder weather would be wise.
Welcome back to another great season with the North Royalton High School Marching Band! What a great organization to be a part of! I look forward to volunteering my time to support it. It's hard to believe band camp starts this week! Please check the website (www.northroyaltonbandboosters.com) often to stay in touch with the daily events during this busy time of year. As you will see below, there are many volunteer opportunities to help out! The success of this great organization is not only because we have some of the best directors around, or the best school district, or even the best kids. It really is because we have the best parents! Our involvement is what makes the wheels on the band bus go around! Think about it, without you, these kids wouldn't be here. Get ready for the busiest and potentially most rewarding time of the year.